Dentistry at The Biltmore’s Phoenix restorative dentistry services are the procedures to keep your mouth healthy and functional. This includes fillings, dentures, and crowns.
Crowns are a “cap” for your tooth. If you’ve had a root canal or have a cavity too big to be filled, or a broken tooth, a crown may be recommended. It will cover the tooth, protect it, and make it functional again.
Crowns and restoring implants, usually with other dentists, are a tedious and lengthy process. But at Dentistry at the Biltmore, we make your crowns or restore your implant in ONE DAY using CEREC!
What is CEREC?
CEREC stands for “Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics.” If your head is spinning from that explanation, well, that’s understandable. It sounds very technical. When you understand what it is, the name will make sense.
CEREC uses computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) technology to make impressions and generate a precisely fitted, beautiful ceramic crown. This makes the process of creating crowns for our patients much faster. Using the CEREC system, your crown is made in our office the same day. This not only saves both you and our office time, but it also reduces the cost.
By using CEREC computer imaging technology, your new crown will perfectly match the rest of your teeth, including the color. No one will know it’s a CEREC crown and not a real tooth. Moreover, the crown is made with a solid piece of ceramic material, so it is stronger than traditional crowns.
So, there you have it:
- Chairside – the whole procedure is done the same day while you wait comfortably in our dentist chair (with the dental team by your side)
- Economical Restoration – this restorative dentistry service is an affordable solution to traditional crowns.
- Esthetic Ceramics – A beautiful anatomically realistic crown is made with ceramics that fit perfectly and match the color of your teeth.
The Same-Day CEREC Crown Process
- Dr. Leila may anesthetize the area around the tooth that will receive the crown.
- The tooth will be prepared with some minor shaving of the tooth structure if needed, and then cleaned.
- We use a small CEREC camera that looks similar to a pen to scan your tooth. This makes a 3D image of your tooth, and a digital impression used to make a computerized design of the crown restoration.
- The digital design is machined from a solid block of ceramic material in the CEREC system, right in our office.
- The crown is polished and then bonded to your tooth during your visit.
In as little as a half-hour after scanning, your new chairside economical restoration with esthetic ceramics is complete!
CEREC Quick Restoration of Dental Implants
The CEREC system can do more than fabricate crowns. It can also help restore implants.
Dental implants are titanium cylinders (screws) that are surgically placed into the jawbone. Once in place, they allow your dentist to mount replacement teeth onto them. Your new tooth, a crown, will look and feel similar to your real teeth.
A dental implant can be the best option for people with tooth loss due to injury or gum disease. They are often a better alternative to full or partial dentures or a bridge.
Restoring implants utilizing CEREC digital scanning and chairside milling makes the procedure much faster than the old hands-on method. With CEREC, an affordable aesthetic, biologically designed and durable restoration can be fabricated in JUST ONE DAY!
All-on-4 Teeth in a Day
Dentistry at the Biltmore, in line with our use of the most modern advances in dentistry, offer All-on-4, “Teeth in a Day,” a new solution taking the dental field by storm. This new treatment is perfect if any of your teeth are failing or you have lost all or most of your teeth.
The procedure is called “All-on-4” because four dental implants are placed in your jaw that anchor a full arch of new teeth, giving you an immediate smile makeover. We have experience in this amazing procedure that can provide you with beautiful, functional teeth in a day. Contact Dr. Leila for more information on this remarkable procedure.
Make an appointment today!
Dentistry at The Biltmore CEREC same-day crowns and restoration of dental implants help restore teeth damaged due to dental disease or injury quickly, no more waiting for weeks. We do everything possible to repair the functional structures of your mouth to help you feel more comfortable eating, talking, and smiling!
Why not contact us today and schedule an appointment for an exam or consultation. We offer services both restorative and cosmetic to make you smile again.